Street Medicine Course – Feb 7, 2019
Date(s) - Feb. 07, 2019
9:00am - 5:00pm
Trilogy Tactical Training Center
The Trilogy Street Medicine Course is a tactical medicine course for the first responder. Law Enforcement, security, firefighters, EMT, Paramedic, teachers, and anyone wanting to be prepared for an active shooter or mass casualty situation.
The Street Medicine Provider program is a one-day information packed dynamic presentation of essential skills and best practices aimed towards the first responder.
This program is based upon U.S. DOD Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), the Hartford Consensus Meetings I, II, and III, and the guidelines presented by the American College of Emergency Physicians’ Committee on Trauma.
Presentation topics include:
- Tactical Patient Assessment
- Controlling Bleeding
- Basic Airway Management
- Ballistic, Blast, and Less-Lethal Weapons Injuries
- Patient Extraction and Evacuation
Students will be given the opportunity to learn and practice the skills necessary to provide effective medical intervention for various medical emergencies.
Hands-on skills include:
- Rapid trauma assessments
- Sensory deprivation assessments
- Insertion of nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal airway devices
- Management of sucking chest wounds
- Bleeding control techniques using hemostatic agents, combat dressings, and combat applied tourniquets (CAT).
- Techniques for casualty relocation to safer environment. Various drag, carries, and lifts.
Tuition: $95 includes lunch
Seating is limited to 12 students. Register online today!